Glasses in Classes Study
‘Glasses in Classes’ is a research study currently running in Bradford and Keighley and is funded by the Education Endowment Foundation.
This study is aimed at 4-5 year old children who receive a vision screening assessment in reception class and investigates the impact of a school-based intervention to support the wearing of glasses in young children. Measures will be taken both before and after the intervention to detect subsequent improvement in the children’s vision and academic achievement.
The study will run for the academic year 2019-20.
Instructions for optometrists:
• Children requiring a second pair of glasses will have ‘Glasses in Classes’ stamped on their HES1 form
• Please dispense two pairs of glasses via the usual HES process.
• Dispense the HES pair to the child
• Send the second duplicate pair of ‘school’ glasses (with a copy of the invoice) to: ‘Glasses in Classes’, BIHR, BRI, Duckworth Lane, Bradford BD9 6RJ.
• Claim the HES fee for both pairs of glasses as per your usual process
For further information contact: Dr Alison Bruce, ‘Glasses in Classes’, Bradford Institute for Health Research, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Duckworth Lane Bradford, BD9 6RJ email@example.com